Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Good things come to those who wait...


I am now the proud owner of this lovely oil painting! It was a bargain I picked up in a local charity shop this morning and I am over the moon with it! It reminds me of the Lake District (somewhere we love to holiday in and are very fond of) and the photograph doesn't do it justice. I've been wanting a lovely painting to go behind the sofa in our lounge for some time.  I knew I wanted an oil painting of an English landscape in an ornate gilt frame, but I have had to be patient as I have expensive taste!

I am a keen bargain hunter and love to visit charity shops and the like in search of treasure (by treasure I mean things that I like, not things that are worth money). I saw this painting a few weeks ago, but at £60 it was out of my price range. I went into to the shop again today and they had knocked the price down, but I still thought it a little pricey. As I asked them if they would take £35 for it my hands were shaking and my heart was racing...I'm not usually that brazen but I really like this picture. Thankfully they said that was fine, so now this beauty is hanging in my lounge and giving me pleasure every time I look at it. I'm looking at it a lot!

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
Its loveliness increases;" ~ Keats
.

No comments: