Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Lily's Beach Birthday

The birthday girl on the beach 

When asked what she wanting to do for her birthday, Lily replied "I'm planning to go to the beach." For once, the weather was kind to us and we were able fulfil her request. Instead of our usual birthday party, we packed a picnic party and enjoyed it on the beach with the sun, sea and sand taking the place of cake stands, balloons and decorations. The Podlings' Nanna and Grandad were able to join us, as were their Uncle Ryan and Auntie Carrie, and we had a lovely afternoon together. I think it goes without saying that the Podlings enjoyed every minute of their time on the beach and Lily told me, "It's the best birthday I've had in my whole life!". All six years of it!



Lily and Emma with Auntie Carrie and Uncle Ryan (Mark's youngest brother)

Tom burying Daddy in the sand

We didn't think Lily's birthday cake would survive the 90 minute drive to the beach, so I made some fairy cakes and packed some candles to take with us. Unfortunately, it was so windy I could only get one candle to light, but Lily didn't seem to mind and blew it out as happily as if I had been able to light all six.

.

No comments: