Pages

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Thinking outside the box!


With the end of term nearing rapidly, we have school and playgroup concerts to look forward to this week and next. There has been much excitement with rehearsals for Tom and Lily and the need to prepare costumes has been a concern. Tom is a narrator for his class performance, so he simply needs to wear smart clothes. Emma will be an angel in her concert next week, so I have purchased a lovely costume for her (I just hope it arrives in time!). Lily's costume proved to be the tough one this year. She is a Christmas present in her class performance. It would seem that children's Christmas present costumes are not exactly ten a penny, so the need to make her costume became clear fairly early on!

This is what I came up with. It is a sort of cardboard version of a sundress! I did buy the sparkly headband she is wearing to complete the look, but the rest of it is basically down to me, cardboard, wrapping paper and lots and lots of Sellotape! I think she looks cute!

.

No comments: