Pages

Friday 7 December 2012

Felt Bird Ornament


I had one of my 'I have to make something or I will explode!" moods last night. I get like that when I haven't done any needlework in a while! The result was this little embroidered felt bird. I altered a bird template I found online and then just made up the embroidery as I went along. The leaves of the bullion knot rose are shiny green beads, which catch the Christmas lights quite prettily. I didn't bother drawing out the design, I just embroidered it free hand from my head. I think this shows as the lines aren't as even as they would have been had I bothered to do things properly. That being said, I am very pleased with how it turned out. It looks pretty much like the one I had in my head, which is always pleasing! I embroidered the year on the back so I will remember when I made it when I am old and forgetful! She looks rather lovely hanging on our tree.
.

1 comment:

Lainey said...

Love the ornament, and I'm impressed with your freehand design! Hope it's taken the edge of your urge to craft.