Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas Dresses

Lily's Christmas dress

A sneak peak of the girls' Christmas Day dresses. Buying Christmas dresses for Lily and Emma is something of an annual thrill for me. I have a real weakness for little girls' clothes and I love dressing them in pretty things. They probably both have far too many clothes!

Lily's Christmas dress is in a beautiful heavy red velvet with a dainty cream lace collar. It will be large on her this year, but I was hoping it would do for next year as well. It just screams 'Christmas' to me and I love it! I had originally planned to get Emma a navy blue velvet dress and was bidding on an exquisite navy velvet and cream lace concoction on eBay. Sadly the bidding got out of my price range and I had to sadly let some other lucky person get it. None of the other velvet dresses seemed to quite measure up after that one got away!

I found this pretty white Sarah Louise dress going for a song when I was looking for something else entirely. The embroidered flowers are in reds and golds (the only Christmas colours in my opinion!) and I think it is absolutely beautiful. I had thought at one point that I might put Emma in the dress she wore to her Christmas party the other day (the navy and tartan with gold trim), but I think I will probably go for the white one. What do you think?

Emma's Christmas dress ~ the photo doesn't do it justice.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Got to be the white one. Love mum.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Got to be the white one. Love mum.

Lainey said...

This won't come as a surprise, but I like the tartan one. I have a penchant for all things Scottish, and I think tartan looks good as a Christmas pattern. It reminds me of shortbread!

Does Mum get two votes? ;p

Paula said...

I agree that the tartan one definitely looks more Christmassy (I totally get the shortbread thing!), but I have such a weak spot for Sarah Louise dresses! All that smocking and dainty embroidery, and the skirts are so full...swoon!

Who knows, if Baby P. turns out to be a girl you might be borrowing the tartan one for her in a few years! (Assuming you want to of course, you don't have to!)

If it encourages Mum to comment more, I'll absolutely give her two votes :-)