Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

In a pickle


You can't beat a good pickled egg with fish and chips, but they can be rather piquant for some tastes. It certainly wouldn't be something you would expect a child to enjoy, but Lily and Emma love them. We have been buying them, but it works out much cheaper to pickle your own, so I set to work in the kitchen today and now have two jars of eggs pickling in the pantry.

Emma made me laugh when she saw me boiling the large saucepan full of eggs. She evidently thought we were going to dye eggs again and started asking for "Yellow!" and "Stickers". She was a little disappointed when I told her that Mummy was only cooking them, but cheered up when I told her I was making pickled eggs. We now just have to wait six weeks before we can enjoy them!
.

No comments: