Pages

Sunday 30 March 2014

13/52

"A portrait of my children once a week, every week in 2014"
 

Tom, this week you:
  • Enjoyed some extra time home from school. You gagged on your lunch at school and thanks to the school's policy that you cannot go back to school for 24 hours after you've been sick you got to spend a day at home with me even though there was nothing wrong with you. It's a silly policy, but I loved getting to spend some extra time with you.
  • Had another bonus day off because your teacher was on strike on Wednesday. It was a good week for some Mummy/ Tom time!
  • Were less than impressed when I told you that we had to go to school on Wednesday anyway for the Mother's Day school lunch with Lily and Emma.
  • Thankfully seemed to really enjoy aforementioned Mother's Day lunch with your sisters and me.
  • Are doing very well according to your teacher on parents' evening. She said your mental agility is excellent!
  • Made me a lovely picture frame for Mother's Day and had the patience to wait until Sunday to give it to me.
  • Had lots of fun with your uncles on Mothering Sunday.
 
Lily, this week you:
  • Were incensed that Tom got to spend so much time at home this week when he wasn't ill!
  • Were really disappointed when I couldn't come to our original Mother's Day lunch on Tuesday. You were looking forward to having me to yourself.
  • Enjoyed our rescheduled lunch on Wednesday, even though you had to share me with your brother and sister. You did get very sad when it was time for me to leave though.
  • Your teacher said lots of nice things about you on parents' evening. He said for you to keep doing what you are doing.
  • Made me a lovely card and picture frame for Mother's Day.
  • Had a wonderful time in the woods on Saturday
  • Loved playing with your uncles on Mothering Sunday

 
Emma, this week you:
  • Enjoyed the novelty of Mummy coming in to eat lunch with you at school. You loved showing me where I had to take my tray and put my cutlery. I loved having lunch with you and your brother and sister.
  • You gave me a lovely little pot with a sunflower seed planted in it for Mother's Day and made a lovely card to go with it.
  • Had a lovely report from your teacher on parents' evening. I am so glad you have finally settled happily into school, even if I do still miss you terribly at home!
  • Had a great time playing with Lily in the woods on Sunday. I don't know how you didn't feel cold, but you insisted you were warm enough in your short sleeves!
  • Had fun decorating me with the sequins that fell off my Mother's Day card!
  • Loved having all the family together on Mothering Sunday and had a great time playing Superdogs!
 
Podling Number 4 (33 weeks pregnant), we are really getting close to meeting you now! I have been exceedingly aware of your head this week and it is obvious you are running out of room in there! Someone very kindly gave us a cot for you this week, so now you will have somewhere to sleep when you outgrow your Moses basket. I'm really wanting to nest in earnest now. I am keen to start washing all our baby clothes and have moved the bedroom around to that I can have you sleeping next to my side of the bed. I'm getting so excited to meet you now little one, but don't be in a hurry as I have so much I want to get done before you arrive! I want everything ready so that I can just soak you up and enjoy you when you get here.
.  

No comments: