Pages

Monday 11 May 2015

Our 12th Anniversary


On May the 10th Mark and I celebrated 12 happy years of marriage. Mark's mum and dad very kindly came over and looked after the Podlings for a few hours so Mark and I could spend some time on our own. With four children to look after, Mark and I hardly ever get out on our own and it was a real treat to be able to spend some time alone together. I really did marry by best friend and there is no-one on Earth I would rather spend time with.

We decided to go for a nice walk in the countryside and follow it up with a nice meal. We drove out to the Peak District National Park and had a lovely walk in the woods next to Errwood reservoir. There was no one else around and it was so peaceful, just us and the birds. So relaxing!

After our walk we went for a lovely three course meal in the Bear's Head near Sandbach. I think it is around two years since Mark and I last went out for a meal without the children, so it really was a treat! The food was wonderful, made more so by the fact that I didn't have to cook it, or clear up, or feed a baby at the same time! We enjoyed a leisurely meal before heading back to our lovely little people feeling refreshed and rested from our lovely afternoon. I hadn't been feeling myself for a couple of weeks and it was just what I needed.

A huge thank you to Mum and Dad P. for looking after the Podlings so Mark and I could have such a lovely afternoon and evening together.







No comments: