Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Swim Little Fishy


I had so much fun making PE bags for the Podlings last year that when I found out Tom would be continuing with his school swimming lessons this term I wanted to make a bag for him to take his swimming kit in. I normally cobble things like this together from things I have in my stash, but I was extravagant on this bag and actually bought the fabric. I really wanted something with fish on it since it was going to be a swimming bag. I am completely in love with this nautical sea creatures cotton fabric I found in Hobbycraft. It was exactly what I had in mind.  The bag went together really quickly and I love how it turned out. I really could have done with buying more cord as the drawstring is a little short, but I can always replace that later and it is certainly serviceable for now. Hopefully Tom will like it as much as I do!

The fabric is a 100% cotton quilting fabric called Nautical Sea Creatures by The Henley Studio, Makower UK
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He will love it, it is fantastic, well done again. Mum.

Lainey said...

The fabric is lovely! You could even make a matching washbag with any offcuts and a waterproof liner.