Pages

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Five years of blogging!


Yesterday marked the fifth anniversary of my blog. I started blogging to keep family and friends in touch with the Podlings and to serve as a record of our life. When I started the blog, I had a toddler and a baby and we lived in Cornwall. Five years later and we have moved North to Staffordshire and now have two school-aged children and a toddler. I stand in wonder at how fast the time has flown by and I wish at times that I could slow it all down so I could savour each moment.

I have enjoyed blogging immensely and it has served me well as there are many things I have written about here that I would otherwise have forgotten. The pleasure of blogging is nothing compared to the pleasure of going back and re-reading old posts. I hope that one day the Podlings will look back on this record of their childhood with pleasure and might take a moment to be thankful that their mother took the time to record things that she knew they wouldn't remember themselves.

I thought it might be nice to invite my readers to 'de-lurk' in honour of my fifth anniversary. If you read my blog and are not too shy I'd love you to say 'Hello!' in the comments. I love to get comments, so it would be nice to get a few on this special anniversary.

Here's to another five years of blogging!
.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Paula ... Happy fifth anniversary. I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at the photos of your delightful children. Whenever I look at Matthew's blog I 'pop in' and look at yours. Thank you for your blogs and sharing those darling 'podlings' Sharon

Paula said...

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your kind words and for your comment. At least I don't feel like a complete Billy No Mates with my one comment :-)

I often check Matthew's blog. Connor and Ronan are growing so fast! They have such a wonderful life on Matthew's little farm. What a different life they would have had growing up in Plymouth! New Zealand looks much more fun for little boys!

Hope you are well.

Catherine said...

Happy blogiversary! :)