Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Felt cake slice

You can have your cake, but unfortunately you can't eat it!

We gave Emma a lovely tin tea set for Christmas as she loved to play with Lily's and Lily could run hot and cold as to whether she would let Emma use it. Emma adores play food, so I wanted to make her some felt goodies to keep with the tea set in the pretty little case it came in. I made all the Podlings Christmas cookies out of felt, but I wanted something extra to go with the tea set so I made this little slice of cake. It has Broiderie Anglaise 'cream', pink ric rac 'jam' and a ribbon rose on top and I sewed it all by hand. Emma's tea set is pale blue with tiny pink roses on it, so it looks very sweet together.

I had planned to make a couple of extra things, but time, as ever, got the better of me and I wasn't able to get more than this one slice of cake done in time for Christmas. I plan to make some more tasty felt tea things for the Podlings soon though. I have all the supplies, I just need to get on with it. Working with felt is so much fun!
.

No comments: