Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Foto Friday - Breakfast


This week's Foto Friday challenge was breakfast. I knew this one was going to be tough because I eat breakfast with Emma, so trying to set up a shot with an almost two year old to help was going to be a challenge! The weather has been miserable this week, so we have been having my favourite miserable weather breakfast, porridge and brown sugar. I don't normally sprinkle the sugar in the shape of a heart, but then I don't normally take a photo of my breakfast either!

My camera is useless at indoor photos, so I put a tea towel down by the patio door in the kitchen so I could make use of the natural light. I could see Emma watching, so I quickly dumped the bowl of porridge down on the towel and grabbed the camera in the hope I could take one picture before the toddler moved in. She was quicker than me, so her hand is in the photo (though I actually like it better that way)! All hope of arty photos went out the window as Goldilocks declared the porridge to be "just right" and tucked in...

..

7 comments:

Our Peculiar Lives said...

Very cute! Love the heart and the finger! :)

Jennifer said...

Ahhh...I like the sugar heart. I will have to do that on my kids oatmeal. They would like that. My kids eat oatmeal often and love it too. Cute pictures....I like the little fingers :)

Barb said...

I'm glad your little helper got in the action with you on these pictures. They are sure cute.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I like the little hand in the picture. The heart was a nice touch.

Rebecca said...

Oh-that first one is FABULOUS! The brown sugar heart is the best!

Unknown said...

How cute! I'm going to have to make a heart or other shape from my children sometime! :)

MomLaur said...

"sweet" idea ;0)