Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Making hay while the sun shines

Now that she is nearing her first birthday, I am giving Emma a lot more table foods and letting her eat what we are eating as much as is possible for a baby with no teeth. She is really enjoying eating with us and actually eats much better when she has what we are having. I'm happy to report that she LOVES garlic bread!
.
We are in the throes of a proper summer at the moment. On the grounds that you never know when the weather is going to break, we are trying to make the most of the sun while it lasts. For tea this evening I made roast chicken, warm potato and bacon salad, garlic bread and a green salad, followed by summer berries and cream...delicious! We took our meal in the garden, in the shade of our large green parasol and enjoyed the gentle summer breeze. After we had finished eating, the Podlings played in the paddling pool until bedtime. It was Emma's first time in the paddling pool and she loved it! I worried the water was too cold for her, but since she mastered crawling in and out of the pool on her own and kept getting back in, I figured the temperature didn't bother her unduly!
.
.
I took lots of lovely pictures, but I can't post most of them as the Podlings were playing in the altogether and I don't want to put naked pictures of my children on the Internet! Suffice to say, a great time was had by all, though Tom never plucked up the courage to actually get into the pool properly and simply played with his Lego men in the sunshine. The boy doesn't like being cold and who can blame him!
.

Tom dipped his toes in the water and decided it was too cold to get in. I love his face in this picture!
.
Lily and Emma played happily in the pool together until it was time to come in and get ready for bed.
.
Emma kept crawling in and out of the pool and loved being allowed to crawl naked around the grass. I couldn't resist posting this photo of her (I made sure you can't see anything!). Would you look at those adorable little rolls!
.

No comments: