Pages

Monday 21 June 2010

11 Months Old

I can't believe that Emma is eleven months old today. That means that she is a mere month away from her first birthday and it really doesn't seem that long ago that she made her rather dramatic entrance to the world. I'm not ready for my baby to be one yet!
.
Emma is at a delightful age. She really seems to be enjoying life and is on a permanent voyage of discovery. There isn't an inch of the downstairs that she hasn't tried to investigate and she is very much in to everything. I'm sure Tom and Lily weren't quite this active as babies! She is now pulling herself up on everything and has started slowly cruising round the furniture. I love her way of getting down from a standing position. Rather than letting herself down slowly, she simply let's go of whatever she is holding onto and plops down heavily on her nappy. So graceful!
.
She now says "Mama", "Dada", "Nanna" and "Emma" and I rather fear she is currently trying to say "poo". I think she tries to say "Hiya" and "Ello", but I can't quite be sure enough to call it yet. She will wave and clap and has recently taken to doing the Indian cry (the hand over the mouth thing, not sure what it's called). She makes kissing noises when prompted and, to the favoured, will give lovely, big, open-mouthed kisses.
.
Emma is so ready to be done with baby food. She wants to eat whatever we are eating, but given that the little darling still hasn't got a tooth in her mouth, this isn't always feasible! She can get quite annoyed if you deny her something that you are eating. She is a complete nightmare to feed at the moment as she just wants to feed herself finger foods. She has no interest in trying to spoon feed herself, but takes great pleasure in sending the spoon flying from the hand of whoever is trying to feed her. Mealtimes now involve increasingly elaborate distraction techniques as I try to shovel some nutrition into her busy little self! I can't say I will be sorry to see the back of the whole weaning thing!
.
Taken just before bedtime in her 3-6 month size pyjamas, at 11 months old she is still a dinky little thing!
.
Emma has such a delightful personality. She is such a strong-willed little thing and is full of character. She is such a bright little girl and I love to watch her learning and working things out. She is very determined and will keep at something until she gets it. As busy as she is keeping me at the moment, I am really enjoying this stage of her babyhood. She makes me laugh all the time! She is such lovely baby and brings so much joy to our family. We love our little Emma Bear!
.

No comments: