Pages

Friday 25 June 2010

A bed fit for a princess...

We've been having some trouble with Lily waking up at night and coming in our bed recently, so we thought the time had come to try her in a full size bed. She was getting too big for her toddler bed and every time she rolled over it made a lot of noise (and Lily is a fidgety sleeper).
.
We ordered a lovely pine bed earlier this week, so when it arrived today I set about dismantling the old and assembling the new. I had to move the furniture around a bit to fit in the bigger bed, but the finished room is looking lovely. Part of the 'you must stay in your own bed' deal involved bed curtains. Emma has a little Bunnikins canopy over her cot and Lily has wanted her own canopy for a while. My mum and I bought this lovely Gisela Graham bed canopy that perfectly matches Lily's pink roses bedroom. The duvet cover is the one my mum made for me when I was a girl, so I am thrilled that my own little girl is now sleeping under it. I absolutely love this room now. It makes me wish I was a little girl again!
.
Lily is beyond thrilled with her new bed and was trying to get me to take her to bed from about 4.30pm this afternoon! I finally took her up to bed an hour early at half past six. The funny girl wanted me to close the curtains, so her pretty bed canopy is now an effective mosquito net! Since she is very jumpy about moths and other flying insects, this may actually help to sleep better.
.
The new bed is much more comfortable than her old one, so fingers crossed she will sleep better tonight. If she does wake up, I am hoping that she will find her new bed as thrilling in the middle of the night as she did this afternoon and will stay in it!
.

No comments: