Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Our first snowman


Our first snowman. He has raisin eyes and buttons and the obligatory carrot nose. We eventually gave him some twig arms, but my camera batteries died before I could get a picture of the result.

On our way back from playgroup, Lily asked if we could make a snowman, so as soon as we got home we went into the back garden to make one. We all started to pile up the snow for the body, but Tom soon started to feel cold and lose interest and asked to go inside. Undeterred, Lily and I carried on and made our very first family snowman. I think he's rather cute! I decided to keep it small as it was already getting late for lunch and I thought Lily might lose interest quickly. I couldn't have been more wrong! As soon as we finished our little snowman she was asking to build a mummy snowman! If I had consented to this, I'm sure we'd have been out there all afternoon making daddy snowmen, Tom snowmen and goodness knows what else! Since neither of the Podlings likes hot chocolate, I managed to coax her back indoors with the promise of warm milk. They normally only get this at breakfast and supper, so having it in the middle of the day was a nice treat for them.

We had a great time playing in the snow today. It makes me realise how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with my children, allowing me to take advantage of days like today.

Lily putting raisin 'buttons' on the snowman

Lily standing proudly beside our creation

2 comments:

Lainey said...

They don't like hot chocolate!? :S

The snowman is pretty nifty! It looks like you had more snow than us - though the way people are going on about it you would think Devon is at risk of being snowed in from the rest of the country! I think living in Aberdeen has changed my perception of 'lots of snow'!

Paula said...

I know, I can't believe there are people who don't like hot chocolate either, but there you go! Lily doesn't like anything made with cow's milk and Tom doesn't like anything different!