Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Aaaarrggh Spider!!


We bought 'Aaaarrgghh Spider' by Lydia Monks for Tom's second birthday when he was in to spiders in a big way. Since then, this book has been one his favourites and waxes and wanes as his bedtime 'must read'. It is a wonderful book about a spider that wants to be a family pet, but whenever he tries to impress the family he lives with, they scream "Aaaarrggh Spider!" in terror and throw him in the garden. It is a very entertaining story and the illustrations are wonderfully comical. This has been THE bedtime story for a while now, which means Tom has heard it twice a night, every night, for almost two weeks. This means that he knows it off by heart and can now do a very good impression of a child who can read! I run my finger under the text as we read the story and he says the words as I say them. Anyone looking on would think that Tom was reading the story himself. The funny thing is that he also copies my intonation, so I get to hear how I sound when I read the story!

No comments: