Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

A Barbecue and a Big Change

My lovely, lovely parents

On the last day of my parents visit we had a barbecue to celebrate Mark finishing one job and starting a new one. The new job will mean a real lifestyle change for our family. In his previous job Mark had a 90 minute commute, which meant that he wasn't getting home until 8.30pm every night. He wasn't getting home until the children were in bed, but they were always still awake because they wanted to see their daddy. We were never able to eat with the children and we often didn't get to eat our tea until around ten at night. It was not good!

Mark's new job is only 25 minutes away, which will make a huge difference to our weekdays. He will see a lot more of the children and we will finally be able to eat tea as a family on a normal work day for the first time since we've had children. A real bonus for me is that I will have help with the children's bedtime routine, which will make my life so much easier! Not sure Mark is quite so keen on that though!

I can't say how excited I am for this new change to our family life. Mark and I have been like ships that pass in the night lately, so it will be wonderful to spend some real time together both as a couple and as a family. Happy, happy days!

Lily loves meat, just like her Daddy!

Emma brought her new giant monkey (a birthday present from Uncle Ryan and Auntie Carrie) to the barbecue and asked if we could give him a banana!
.

No comments: