Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2009

O Tannenbaum!

Emma loves the shiny decorations.
...
We got our Christmas tree on Saturday afternoon and it is a beauty. I picked out a lovely Nordman fir (low needle drop...hooray!) that turned out to be quite a lot bigger than it appeared in the shop. It's nearly seven feet tall and we had to drive home with the tree sticking out of both back windows. Mark and I had a bit of trouble getting it in the car and it was a chilly ride home! Thankfully, we are having the tree in our conservatory this year, so the size isn't a problem.
.
The Podlings spent a happy hour decorating the Christmas tree on Sunday afternoon. I have to admit that I felt obliged to rearrange the decorations slightly when they went to bed! The tree is so large we will need to buy a few more decorations as our current selection look a little sparse. A good excuse to browse the Christmas section of my favourite garden centre. I love December!
.
Emma hangs her very first bauble on the Christmas tree (with a little assistance from Mummy!)
..
..

No comments: