Pages

Thursday 17 December 2009

Bake and take...

Lily has her playgroup Christmas party this afternoon and we were all asked to contribute some party food. I offered to make some fairy cakes, so I spent yesterday baking, icing and decorating 40 odd mini fairy cakes for Lily to take today. I made them using my mini muffin tin as I find full size fairy cakes are too big for the age group at the party. These bite size cakes are much better for 2-4 year olds. I used glace icing on the cakes and made the star decorations from fondant icing (I have blue hands today from colouring the icing!). As a finishing touch, I pushed an edible silver ball into the centre of each star. I think they look pretty edible and I hope the children at Lily's playgroup will think so too.
..


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Wow, those look lovely - very professional!