Pages

Friday 18 September 2009

Unfinished business

I am the queen of unfinished projects. Mark will testify to the number of sewing and knitting projects I have lurking in cupboards that need to be completed. I started making this pram blanket when I was expecting Lily. We didn't know what we were having, but I had such a strong feeling the baby was a girl that I went ahead and embroidered the rather girly design anyway. Somehow, despite her being two weeks late, Lily arrived before I finished the blanket and she never used it. I was going through my sewing cupboard the other day and I found it folded in a bag. I'm actually quite proud of the work I did on this blanket and when I saw it again I decided to use it for Emma, regardless of the incomplete embroidery and raw edges. Who knows, I may never get another chance to use it. When I put it in the pram, I fold over the raw edges so you can't see them and the incomplete embroidery is hidden under the pram cover anyway. All you can see is one of the completed embroideries at the top of the blanket. I would like to finish the blanket before Emma outgrows the pram, but at least I'm now using it anyway. It is just too pretty to keep unused in a cupboard.
..

The bird is actually three-dimensional as I stuffed it from the back of the blanket. Roses and daisies are my favourite flowers, which is one of the reasons I love this design. I adore bullion knot roses. I'd put them on everything if I could!

No comments: