Pages

Tuesday 1 September 2009

Magic painting

.
If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you'll know that I do a lot of art and craft activities with the Podlings. If you've had children, you can imagine just how much I want all that mess with a new baby in the house. I can't even keep on top of the normal housework at the moment, so the thought of cleaning up paint, glitter and glue does not appeal. The problem is, Tom and Lily are used to doing these things with me and fail to see why the arrival of Emma should constitute a problem. I've had to think of activities they can do that satisfy their creative drive, yet create next to no mess. Magic painting is one of my favourite activities to pull out at the moment. Tom and Lily think they are painting and all I have to do when they have finished is wipe away a bit of water. Everyone wins.
.

1 comment:

Fi said...

Cunning plan! I used to love those magic paint books when I was a kid. Simon has an aquadraw mat which is a similar idea - when I see him sucking water out of the brushes it makes me glad that I haven't opened the paints yet!