Pages

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Lily's snow day

.
It didn't come as any surprise that Tom and Lily's school was closed today. This didn't make any difference to Tom who is very unwell at the moment, so wouldn't have been going to school today anyway. Lily, on the other hand, woke up thrilled to discover that not only was it snowing, but that she got to stay home and play in it. Lily had a lot of fun today and I took a lot of pictures of her and Emma in the snow. Poor Tom spent most of the day in bed or on the sofa and didn't want me to take his picture. My poor boy is not at all well!

Lily and Emma had some playtime in the garden before lunch and Lily had a lot of fun making snow angels and throwing snowballs at me. After lunch, with Emma safely tucked up in bed, Mark and Lily took the sledge out for its maiden voyage. Lily has never been sledging before and she loved it. They were out for quite some time before the inevitable returning home in tears because her hands were cold. I well remember that feeling from my own childhood!

I stripped off her wet clothes, wrapped her in a blanket and plied her with hot chocolate and Lebkuchen. Before long she had warmed up and was smiling again. I really hope they close the school again tomorrow as I love having my Podlings home. It will give us a chance to build the snowman we didn't get around to today too!

 Sledging with Daddy
.
 I think her face says it all!
.
Back up the hill for another run.
 .
Baby, it's cold outside!
 .
Hot chocolate in a special cup, Lebkuchen and a warm blanket...all is well with the world!
.

No comments: