Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

The night before the birthday...

Lily doesn't have playgroup on Thursdays, so the day before her birthday she took some lollipops in to share with her friends. She came out of playgroup telling me that she had invited everyone to her party...good thing she doesn't know our address! The playgroup leaders made her a special birthday hat and she liked it so much she wanted to wear it to bed. She settled for letting me put it on one of her teddy bears on the bottom of her bed.

I have learnt from experience that when planning your children's birthdays it pays to get as much done as possible the night before. The day before would of course be better, but with three little ones it is hard to get things done when they are awake! After the Podlings went to bed I baked and decorated the fairy cakes, baked the cake, finished wrapping the last few gifts and decorated the dining room. My inner perfectionist also made me tidy and clean until I ran out of steam! All of which meant that I didn't get to bed until 2am! I do wish I could quell my perfectionism sometimes, but something about Christmas and birthdays makes me want everything just so. I know the Podlings couldn't give two hoots whether the skirting boards are clean the day they turn four, but clean them I must!
.
Gifts wrapped...

...decorations up...
.
...just waiting for the birthday girl.
.

No comments: