Pages

Saturday 29 May 2010

The heart party

Since Lily had been telling me she wanted a heart birthday party for the past six months, I had plenty of time to plan for it! The food included heart-shaped sandwiches, strawberries and raspberries (served in heart-shaped ramekins), heart fairy cakes, jelly, cocktail sausages, various children's party biscuits and some heart-shaped fruit treats I found in Tesco. To drink, we had pink lemonade, cooled with heart-shaped ice cubes. Mark was able to get home from work early so he could be there too. I could tell from Lily's face that I had got it right, though apparently there should also have been red balloons. Oh well!
.
Tom and Lily enjoying the party.
.
The heart-shaped fairy cakes turned out really well in the end.
.
As requested by the birthday girl, the cake was strawberry, chocolate and cream. I was quite pleased with how it turned out and it tasted delicious!
.
I made the jelly with the cake tin I used for our Valentine's cake
.

No comments: