Pages

Friday 2 April 2010

Good Friday

"So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross he went out to the place of the skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). Here they crucified him, and with him two others - one on each side and Jesus in the middle."
John 19:17-19
.
The Podlings and I made a little centrepiece for our Good Friday table this evening. We made crosses out of lolly sticks and blue tack (nothing fancy!) and placed them in a bowl of sand. I explained to them how Jesus was crucified alongside two robbers. I'm not sure Tom entirely got the point of the story as he put a happy sticker on his cross! In front of the tallest cross I put a heart shaped stone that we found on the beach last year. I explained to Tom and Lily that this was to remind us that God loves us and that is why Jesus died for us. Children work well with visuals, so I'm hoping our little centrepiece might have helped them to understand what Good Friday is all about.
.

No comments: