Pages

Tuesday 16 June 2009

Lazy days skirt



I've been making some of Lily's summer play clothes this year. I found a fabulously simple pattern for an elasticated skirt with a ribbon hem (available here) and have really enjoyed sewing them. I've made two so far (the one in the picture and another with pink flowers on a white background with pink ribbon trim) and I have enough fabric to make three more. I'm not an experienced seamstress, but these were so quick and easy to put together I fear they may be addictive! I've also been using leftover ribbon trim to make matching hair bows to go with the skirts (Lily is wearing one in the photo). Hair accessories are generally overpriced, yet are so quick and cheap to make yourself if you have the inclination and a glue gun. I think the matching bows really finish off the outfit. Little girls are so much fun to dress!
.

No comments: