Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2009

Excitement

My mum and me (with broken arm) in our garden in Malaysia in the mid 1980s (mum is about the age I am now in this picture). You'll notice the storybook under her arm. She spent a lot of time reading to my sister and me when we were little. An activity I'm sure she will get to indulge in a lot during her visit as the Podlings love to be read to.

It's all excitement round here today as we get ready for my parents' visit this afternoon. Unfortunately, my dad can only stay for one night as he has to go back for work, but my mum will be here for just over a week. The main reason she is staying is to act as a back-up birth partner should the baby decide to come a little early. You are considered full term from 37 weeks (a milestone I reach tomorrow) and unfortunately Mark has to go to Germany on business for a couple of days next week. I'm not expecting to have the baby early, but Mum is here 'just in case' as I don't fancy giving birth on my own!
.
I don't get to see my family very often since we moved to Staffordshire, so I'm really looking forward to having Mum here for a week and spending some time with her. We never run out of things to talk about and I know she is really looking forward to seeing her grandpodlings again. I don't know if I will have much time to update the blog during her visit, but I'll be sure to let you know if the baby does arrive early!
.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Please tell podling #3 or next generation #10 to hold on a little longer I would really like to finish his/her matinee coat, I only have 1 1/2 sleeves and the yoke to go, so after this weekend!! still I will know what colour ribbon to thread through. Go easy on the raspberry tea until Mark is back. Tell your Mum I am contactable on my mobile because after tomorrow we are on holiday for 2 weeks in the Cotswolds.
Love to you all

Diane