Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Pooh Country


For lovers of the Winnie the Pooh stories like myself, a trip to Sussex has to include a visit to Ashdown Forest, or 100 Acre Wood if you prefer. I brought Tom and Lily here when they were little, but we haven't been back for years. A gentle walk through the wood will lead you to Pooh Bridge, where you can indulge in a good game of Poohsticks with your siblings. I remembered from our previous visit the scarcity of sticks near the actual bridge, so they gathered sticks for their games as we walked. By the time we reached the bridge they had a good selection. Poohsticks was played, (more competitively by some than others!) and everyone seemed to have fun. It is such a pretty spot I can see why A.A. Milne loved it so much.


Lily spotted this tiny baby frog in the crook of a tree trunk


Emma trying to right a fallen tree!


Playing Poohsticks

Whose stick is the winner?

A great many people come here to play Poohsticks, as evidenced by the large number of sticks in the river


Pooh Bridge


I think this is about the only photo of me from the entire weekend, so I include it to prove I was there!
 .

No comments: