Pages

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Ditchling Beacon


On the way to the beach for our fish supper, we stopped at Ditchling Beacon to enjoy a quick walk. The highest point in East Sussex, Ditchling Beacon offers breathtaking views of open countryside and is one of the prettiest spots you could ever hope to come across. Alex had fallen asleep in the car on the way there, so I offered to stay in the car with him whilst everyone else went for a walk. I had the most enjoyable time looking out of the window at the amazing view whilst indulging in that rarest of things, my own thoughts. As a busy mother of four I get very little time to just sit and contemplate and I passed the most pleasant half an hour whilst my baby slumbered peacefully behind me. The others had a wonderful walk and the Podlings had a great time playing in the long grass. I think we all have wonderful memories of our visit to Ditchling Beacon, except Alexander who slept the entire time!




.

No comments: