Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Embroidered Felt Egg


My Mum was finally able to collect her Mother's Day gift from my sister's house last week, so now I can show the little Spring decoration I made as part of her gift. This little hand embroidered felt egg was so much fun to make. A little appliqued felt butterfly flying above a field of French knot Forget-Me-Knots. French knots are so satisfying. They create such a lovely effect for such little effort.

My Mum taught me so much about sewing, knitting, cooking and all things creative. She is a very talented seamstress and quilter, has been knitting since she was five years old and is the most wonderful cook. She was a gifted and patient teacher when it came to passing on her skills to her daughters and my love of all things crafty comes from her. I owe her so much and it gives me great pleasure to use the skills she taught me to create little gifts for her as a way of saying thank you.

Love you Mum! Thanks for teaching me to sew!

 .,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Paula for such a touching blog, I love you too. Mum xxx