Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Emma's first birthday party

I often call Emma by the pet name 'Emma bear' (don't ask me why!), so I thought it would be appropriate to have a teddy bear theme for Emma's first birthday. I had so much fun doing this and although I know Emma won't remember it, she will at least see the photos when she is older and know what a nice party she had! Tom and Lily are old enough to enjoy a good birthday party, so they appreciated my efforts! Emma certainly enjoyed all the party food and was thrilled to get her very own bowl of ice-cream. She has had tastes in the past and absolutely adores the stuff, so to get her own bowlful was a very special treat. She went very quiet and concentrated very hard whilst eating it, as if she wanted to savour every mouthful. It really was all about the food for Emma!
.
My Harrods bear lorded it over the party on a cloud of pink tulle. I put a glass of gummi bears on the sideboard, which somehow rapidly found its way in front of Tom's seat!
.
I draped the light fitting with white tulle and hung pink cardboard teddies from the arms. I also had lots of pink and white balloons hanging on the walls and teddy bears everywhere you looked. With three children, we were not short of bears to decorate with!
..
Emma's birthday cake was a simple Victoria sponge sandwiched with my mum's homemade blackberry jelly. I coloured some white chocolate and decorated the top with white chocolate buttons, which Emma is rather partial too. Let's pretend that the iced 'Emma' is more central shall we!
.
Mmmm, homemade fairy cakes!
.
I put out several of these cute teddy moulds filled with crisps.
.
I made each of the Podlings a giant gingerbread teddy with a pink '1' iced inside a heart.
.
Emma had a really good go at her giant biscuit!
.
We finished with teddy ice-cream. I used giant chocolate buttons for ears and chocolate chips for the eyes and nose. I appreciate that they looked rather more like Mickey Mouse!
.

No comments: