Pages

Monday 25 August 2008

What a difference a day makes

Finally, some sunshine!

Not deterred by our rainy day at the beach, on Sunday we piled back into the car and tried again! This time we were more fortunate with the weather and actually enjoyed some sunshine. We changed the Podlings into their swimming costumes and Mark took them in the sea while I got the picnic ready. Our last two trips to the coast have been so cold we've had to eat our picnic in the car, but this time we were finally able to enjoy our food on the beach!

After the picnic and some brief sand play, Mark took the Podlings off for a long walk by the sea. I actually got to sit on the blanket and read my book for 40 minutes, something I rarely get to do during the Podlings' waking hours! I'm re-reading 'David Copperfield' for the umpteenth time and relish any chance to sit and enjoy my old friend in peace.

The weather was so nice that we didn't leave the beach until very late, so by the time we got home, gave them a bath and read them their stories, it was around ten before the Podlings were in bed. This had the rather fabulous knock-on effect that they both slept in until half past nine this morning, so Mark and I enjoyed a lovely Bank Holiday Monday lie-in!

Lily destroying Mark's carefully constructed sandcastles!

Lost in thought


No comments: