Pages

Monday 11 August 2008

Wedding preparations

The Podlings making their wedding cards this morning
.
It's all go here today. My sister is getting married tomorrow and we're heading down to Devon at the crack of dawn tomorrow to make sure we are there in plenty of time before the wedding. We plan to wake the children early, bundle them into the car with blankets and a drink of warm milk and get as far as we can before we have to stop.
.
Because we're setting off so early, we have lots to do today. We're folding, packing, cleaning, wrapping, making cards and generally all of a bustle. I have some baking to do later so we can have breakfast and snacks in the car tomorrow. I've got to get the Podlings' car entertainment bags ready and their ceremony distraction packs together (I dread them causing a scene in the middle of the ceremony, so I'm packing stickers, books, etc., for during the ceremony). In short, we're busy, busy busy! I'm so excited about tomorrow though and Lily and I have been singing "Auntie Lainey's getting married in the morning, Ding Dong the Bells are going to chime!" at the top of our lungs as we go about our business (Tom doesn't sing much). We're not worrying too much about accuracy in our singing on the grounds that the wedding isn't until 5 O'clock in the afternoon!
.
I know we're going to have a wonderful day tomorrow, but for now I'd better get back to work. I'm sure to have lots of pictures of the wedding to share later in the week!

No comments: