Pages

Sunday 31 August 2008

Blueberry blessings

Our delicious blueberry supper

I was extremely fortunate to be able to pick up some cheap blueberries when we were shopping last week. We don't often buy blueberries because they are so expensive, but the store had over stocked on them and were selling them off at 5p a punnet. There weren't many left by the time I got there, but I was able to get 300g of blueberries for only 10p. I made up a batch of blueberry muffins last night that will do a couple of breakfasts and snacks this week. I also made a delicious blueberry and banana smoothie that Mark and I enjoyed with a muffin for our supper last night. What a treat!

We are doing very well for summer fruits this week as we were able to pick up three large punnets of strawberries for a mere £2 yesterday. We happened to pass a market stall that was selling off its remaining fruit at the end of the day. We have all been enjoying strawberries for our pudding for a couple of meals and I still have one full punnet left in the fridge. We all love strawberries and I'm torn between eating them whole or making strawberry and white chocolate muffins!

No comments: