Pages

Thursday 31 January 2008

A new experience

Artwork by The Podlings (Lily's is the Top one, Tom's the bottom one)

The Podlings and I had an exciting morning this morning. We finally made it to the toddler group run by the church that I have wanted to go to for some time. The church is a good 20 minute walk away and I don't drive, so I was praying for good weather. However, when I awoke this morning to howling gales and driving rain, I had dissappointedly decided no to go. My prayers were answered though, as by nine the skies had cleared and the sun came out, so we all bundled up in hats, coats and scarves and set off. The Podlings had a wonderful time playing with all the new toys, running with the other children, playing with paper and glue, singing songs and generally enjoying themselves. Lily was completely sold on the place when they brought out plates piled high with toast for the children (and the mums...they make so much that everyone has some!). The group ended with a lovely little song and story time, which I was thrilled to find had a Christian bent to it. They told a little bible story in such a way that very young children could grasp the concept of the tale and then sang "My God is a great big God", in addition to the usual children's songs.

Tom talked about toddler group all day and was desperate to show his Daddy the picture he made. Mark couldn't get home quickly enough for Tom, and had barely got in the door before Tom was trying to show him the picture. This afternoon when I was making their tea, Tom drove out to the kitchen on his toy car and said "Fank you for going to toddler group" then pretended that he was driving his car to toddler group. The boy is hooked! I feel just awful that I haven't taken him sooner!

I'm so glad we went this week. I know the children had a lovely time and it was nice for me to get out and talk to other mums. I think we will all get a lot out of going every week.

No comments: