Pages

Sunday 6 January 2008

A little weekend project


I've succumbed to the cold that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment, so I didn't have the energy for my usual domestic pursuits this weekend. My wonderful husband took charge of the children in the mornings so I could sleep in late. I spent my evenings engaged in a little sewing project which gave me the excuse to sit down and rest without feeling like I was wasting time! I had a pair of jeans I was throwing away, so I cut off the pockets to make little bags for the Podlings. This weekend I made a little bag with a car motif for Tom. It is entirely hand sewn and I drew the car freehand on some red felt. It is made from things I already had in my crafting supplies and I got a great deal of pleasure out of making it. I hope Tom likes it and I think the red car is guaranteed to at least spark his interest! I won't be giving it to him until I have had a chance to make a little bag for Lily too. I plan to make a more girly bag for her from the other pocket, again only using supplies I have on hand.


A close-up of the bag

No comments: