Pages

Thursday 10 May 2007

Four wonderful years


Today is my wedding anniversary. Eight years ago, Mark and I met at University. We were in the same research group when we were studying for our PhDs. We 'got together' the following year and were engaged 18 months later. Four years ago, I promised to love, honour and obey my husband and I've never found a promise so easy to keep. Sadly, we can't be together on our anniversary this year, so I thought I'd tell you all a bit about my husband in honour of the occasion. Here are just a few of the reasons why it is so easy to be married to Mark (in no particular order):


  • He is the kindest, most generous and selfless person you could ever hope to meet. He will do anything for anybody.

  • He works every hour God sends to provide for his family, so that we can have a nice house and I can stay at home with the children.

  • He's a great dad.

  • If he has work to do at home, he will stay up with me until I go to bed and then work until the wee small hours of the morning, just so he can spend time with me.

  • He buys me flowers all the time, just because I like them.

  • He is the cleverest person I've ever met, so he is always interesting to talk to. He can confidently be referred to on just about any subject, but he never makes you feel stupid for not knowing something.

  • He will get up at four in the morning and drive 300 miles to work, just so he can spend an extra night with me.

  • He tells me I'm attractive, even though I don't always believe him!

  • He knows me better than anyone else in the world, and he still loves me!

I could go on and on, but I won't. Suffice to say I'm married to one of those Good Men that are supposed to be so hard to find and I consider myself very lucky. The last four years have been the best of my life and it only gets better from here.


I love you dear!


No comments: