Pages

Monday 29 December 2014

A Milestone Birthday


My Dad's birthday is three days after Christmas and since my parents spent Christmas with us this year, that meant we would be celebrating it together. As it was his 60th birthday we wanted it to be special, so Mum and Dad went to Bristol to fetch my sister and nephew so we could celebrate together. Unfortunately my brother-in-law had to work, so was unable to come.

Whilst my parents were travelling, we set out a little party for Dad and decorated with banners and balloons ready for his return. His birthday 'cake' was a croquembouche of 60 profiteroles topped with  '60' in sparklers. It was fun to put together and looked pretty impressive! We all enjoyed eating it!

My sister and two year old nephew spent the night, which was lovely as we rarely have a chance to spend time together. The Podlings enjoyed playing with their cousin and spending some time together as a family was a wonderful way of celebrating Dad's 60th birthday. 

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!
We love you!


.

No comments: