Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Back to School 2013

Emma's first Day of School

 The littlest Podlings started school this morning! Where did the time go? She looked so tiny in her uniform. I bought her the smallest size cardigan and I still had to roll the sleeves back! I was able to take her into her classroom and we found her peg together. She then went to sit on the carpet and immediately picked up a book. She was quite quiet, but was being very brave. I kissed her and said goodbye and left her happily looking through a picture book. It's a huge change in her life, but she seems to be dealing with it very well so far. I can't wait to pick her up and hear how her day went. Fingers crossed!

Tom didn't look back as he went into school and I didn't even get a goodbye kiss! Lily was putting on a brave face for Emma, but I know she was sad. She always finds it hard going back to school after a break. She is starting back as a junior this year, so it's a bit of a change for her too. My babies are all growing up so fast!

It's incredibly quiet here now with all three Podlings at school. We've had a wonderful six weeks together and I shall miss having them at home. Love my Podlings!



1 comment:

Fi said...

We meant to send a card for Emma and the last week has just disappeared. She looks happy to be going to school, which is a really good thing.

It will be quite a change for you, I imagine. Hope you don't find the transition too difficult. In a few weeks I am sure you will look back and wonder how you fitted caring for the Podlings into your routine.

Take some time to do some things for you! School holidays will be so much more special too. Every cloud...