Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

A Walk in the Woods


This afternoon we enjoyed a lovely walk in Biddulph Grange Country Park. We took the long walk for the first time and we were so glad we did. It was such a nice walk and the Podlings did so well. Tom and Emma were buddies today and walked in front of us chatting happily together for much of the walk. Tom was so sweet, walking with his arm around her to keep her away from the edge of the path when we were by the stream and just being a really good big brother. 

It was a beautiful sunny day and quite mild for February and it was just so nice to be out enjoying the woods with my family. It soon got cold as the sun started to go down though and I think we were all quite glad to get back in the car at the end of our walk. The Podlings all went to bed with those adorable bright eyes and flushed cheeks that show they have had lots of fresh air and exercise. They ought to sleep well tonight, I know I will!



Lily in a tree!



Tom and Emma exploring a cave we found. Lily was too afraid to go in and just stayed outside.


Toffee break. We stopped on a bench to enjoy some toffees we had brought with us.

Because of the hours Mark works and the distance he has to travel, Emma doesn't see much of her Daddy in the week. She is always in bed when he gets home, so she loves the weekends when she gets to spend some time with him. She was sat on his lap after tea this evening and I heard her say "I luff you Daddy. You're my BEST friend!". So sweet!


Me and my girls!
.
,

2 comments:

Hollace said...

What a wonderful outing and a happy time with sweet memories for your kids.

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

What fun! I love the shot of your son keeping his little sister safe -- my son has two little sisters that he also loves to protect (sometimes...)