Pages

Friday 28 January 2011

A weekend in Devon

.
It was my mum's birthday on Monday, so last weekend we took a trip down to Devon to see her. My sister and brother-in-law went down too and we designated Sunday mum's 'official' birthday...just like the Queen! We took the dogs for a walk in the afternoon to give mum time to rest and the Podlings had a wonderful time running about in the fresh air. We had a little birthday party for mum when we got back and still managed to fit in a delicious lasagne later in the evening. It was so nice to see everyone again and I always come back from my visits home feeling relaxed and refreshed, no matter how short the visit. Tom is already asking when we go down to Nanny's again!
.
Emma playing peek-a-boo in the hotel shower
.
Dad (in his 'you can't see me' gear, with Lily, Elaine and Gareth. It was lovely to see my sister and brother-in-law, we don't get to see each other often enough
.
Emma chasing Molly and my sister's dog Tangent
.
Tom loved playing on these stones and spent most of the time we were in the field on them. Tom is collecting stones at the moment and I think rather regretted the fact that he couldn't bring them home with him!
.
My boy!
.

Mum with all her GrandPodlings. Emma is eagerly anticipating the Smartie that Mum is picking off the cake for her. Baby loves chocolate!
.

No comments: