Pages

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Water, water everywhere!


This is what our family bathroom currently looks like. The white thing on the floor....? That would be the radiator. It came completely off the wall this evening whilst I was giving Lily and Emma a bath. There is a considerable amount of water in a central heating system (who knew!), a fair amount of which is now all over the bathroom floor and, thanks to gravity, the kitchen below.  It never rains but it pours...quite literally through the kitchen ceiling!

The best thing to do with the girls while boiling hot water spewed out of the walls was to keep them in the bath, so Emma was rather thrilled to get the longest bath of her life. She was a wrinkled, but happy little prune when I finally fished her out of the lukewarm water. I got Lily out a little before and she was happily darting stark naked around the house trying to find receptacles with which to catch the water that was dripping through the kitchen ceiling. Sadly, I feel her Russian doll may never be the same again! Tom was largely unbothered by events, other than being mildly diverted by the water coming through the ceiling.

Thankfully Mark was working from home today as I'm not sure how I would have coped with it all on my own. We have now turned off the water and the boiler and will get a plumber out tomorrow to sort everything out. Extra blankets on the beds and bottled water should suffice till then. No shower for me tonight, but I think I've had enough of water for one day!
.

No comments: