Pages

Thursday 21 January 2010

6 months old

Emma is six months old today. Six months. That's half a year! Would someone mind telling me what happened? Wasn't it only yesterday she was a tiny, helpless newborn? I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. At six months old, Emma has only just started wearing 3-6 month clothes, so she is quite dainty. She is on the verge of sitting alone, but will suddenly slump sideways or throw herself backwards, so she can't be trusted yet. She can roll from her front to her back, but hasn't quite made it the other way yet. I am in no hurry to encourage her mobility I can assure you. I have enough on my plate without worrying whether every last marble and Lego brick is picked up and accounted for. It's certainly going to be interesting round here when she is crawling! In the last week, she has started doing what I can only describe as a dance. When you are holding her, she will suddenly start jigging her little torso back and forth whilst bobbing her head up and down in a rather adorable fashion. It's hard to describe, but it makes me laugh every single time she does it!
.
I started weaning Emma a couple of weeks ago and she has taken to solids like a duck to water. She LOVES her food, especially her banana cereal. She didn't go much on the sweet potato I gave her, but so far all the cereals and fruits we have tried seem to be a success. Unfortunately, it hasn't had the hoped for (by me) effect of making her drop her 3am feed. Boo! She still only has two meals a day, so maybe the introduction of breakfast may have the desired effect! I could do with a good night's sleep!

Emma is a very alert baby and now that she is a little older, she needs a lot more stimulation during her waking hours. She has a lovely selection of toys, books and rattles and has definite favourites. Perhaps I will do a post about them at some point. Her favourite toy, however, is me! She is very much a Mummy's girl and loves to be held. She also adores Lily, who gets all the best laughs from her.
.
So there we are. My littlest Podling is halfway through her first year and I am left wondering where the time has gone. I am absolutely, completely smitten with this little girl and I am excited to see how she will develop over the next six months.
.
(I left it too late in the day to do her proper six month photo shoot, so these were just taken in her swing. I like to do her portraits in the conservatory so I can use the natural light, but the sun was already setting before I got round to taking her pictures today. Hopefully I will get around to her 'official' pictures in the next couple of days.)
.

No comments: