Pages

Friday 29 May 2009

Pregnancy update - 34 weeks

This photo was taken on Monday when I was 33.5 weeks pregnant
.
I'm now heading into the final stretch of this pregnancy and I certainly feel as big as I look now! The delightful burst of energy I had in the middle of the pregnancy has long since waned and I now tire easily and have to sit down frequently due to back ache. All part and parcel of having a baby though, so I'm just trying to take this into account when I'm trying to get things done. I still have a strong desire to clean, sort and organise (I've been nesting like a good 'un for weeks!), I'm just trying not to go nuts and wipe myself out in the process! I'm pacing myself!
.
I'm certainly not wishing for it all to be over yet. At the moment I'm just enjoying the pregnancy and the delightful feeling of the baby moving around. I love it when he/she pushes out a little foot and I can stoke the hard little bump it makes until the baby moves it away. I really miss feeling the baby move after its born, so I'm trying to relish every movement...even the hard, jarring ones to the ribs!
.
Lily is quite convinced the baby is going to be a girl and will not even entertain ideas that it could be a boy. She has already named the baby Anna, which isn't even a name we have on our shortlist! I wonder how she will react if the baby is a girl and she finds out that we are not calling her Anna! Tom also seems to think the baby is a girl, though less vehemently than Lily. Let's hope they are not too upset if a little brother shows up!
.
It seems incredible that the baby could be here in as little as four weeks and I know these last few weeks are going to fly by. I still have so much on my To Do list! I have been blessed with a healthy pregnancy so far, so hopefully the baby won't decide to 'do a Tom' and come early. I want everything to be ready for this baby when he/she does arrive. I just want to be able to relax and enjoy those newborn days with my newest little one...they don't last long.
.

1 comment:

Diane said...

You look blooming, I hope the baby doesn't arrive early either as I have only just started the 'shell' matinee jacket.