Pages

Tuesday 16 December 2008

Meeting Father Christmas

The Podlings had a lovely time at their Christmas party this afternoon and were in high spirits when Mark and I went to meet them. There was a 'surprise guest' arriving at two o'clock and the parents and their cameras were invited up for the visit. Lily's face was a picture when she saw Father Christmas walking through the door, but would you believe I was having camera trouble at the time so was unable to record it. Tom was hilarious as he kept trying to get up on stage to see Father Christmas before his turn. He certainly wasn't shy! All the children received a book and a small selection box in their parcels and came home very happy. Father Christmas had also put in an appearance at our toddler group Christmas party a couple of weeks ago, and Tom was excitedly telling me at bedtime how he has now seen Father Christmas twice. I'm really enjoying the pleasant fiction and wonder how many years we will get out of it. I was rather a hard convert to the truth as a child, choosing to believe for as long as I could!
.
I should point out that Lily looked a lot more 'put together' when I sent her to the party, but she had a nappy related incident involving a pair of pristine white tights. They only had a spare pair of boy's socks to put on her, so just imagine white tights on those legs please!

No comments: