Pages

Friday 14 November 2008

Baby bunting

I finished making this bunting for Lily's room several weeks ago, but I've only just got around to posting about it! It was very simply made by blanket stitching felt shapes together, stuffing them and sewing a button and felt 'flower' in the middle. I then stitched the shapes onto a length of thin pink rope and hung the whole thing above Lily's cot. I have plans to do something similar for Tom's room using different shapes and brighter colours. Any future Podlings can probably expect to find a line of little white and yellow ducklings adorning the wall above their cots. The possibilities are endless and the bunting is so simple and fun to make. I love working with felt!


A close-up of one of the hearts

The bunting in situ. Keep 'em in a cot as long as possible I say!
Note the rather splendid quilt that my mum made for Lily. I will share a proper picture of it sometime, it really is amazing.


I also made this rose wreath to decorate the wall above Lily's dresser
.
As an aside, I tend not to go into too much detail about how I make things on here as there are plenty of websites and blogs out there who are much better at this sort of thing than me. However, if anyone ever wants more information about how I have made something, or would like a recipe I have used, please feel free to leave a comment or email me.

2 comments:

Fi said...

They look great, I wish I was crafty (I'm getting better at knitting but I don't have time for much else!) The quilt looks great on the cot, I remember you posting the one she made for Tom on the blog and wishing I could make something that lovely!

Catherine said...

You did a wonderful job, I really like the bunting idea!