Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2008

"We love Daddy" cake

This afternoon the Podlings and I made a "We love Daddy" cake because, as Lily said, it would "make Daddy happy". We made a chocolate Victoria sponge, sandwiched it with chocolate spread, melted chocolate over the top and decorated it with chocolate chips. That's a cake to put a smile on anybody's face!

Aprons and smiles must be worn at all times whilst baking cakes.

It's important to make sure your son comes in and tips large amounts of flour and cocoa powder over himself and the floor!


She then walked off with the bowl, put it on her head and licked the bottom!


Since we were melting chocolate anyway, I made some chocolate covered bananas for our pudding. Mmmm!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to post about how much I enjoy reading your blog and find your adventures truly entertaining! I look forward to reading your blogs and learning more about the Podlings whenever I get the chance. I have two boys - 5 and almost 2 and am enjoying running around after them. Unfortunately I am due to start a PGCE in September ,so I will really miss being with them so much! Financial reasons dictate this choice though, so I have to get on with it. Thanks for your funny and interesting blogs.
Samantha

Paula said...

Hi Samantha,

I'm so glad you enjoy the blog.

At least as a teacher you will be able to spend the holidays with your boys. Good luck with your PGCE.

Paula