Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2008

Distraction

The Podlings really love ice lollies at the moment, so I will often give them one after their lunch. When they have a lolly for their pudding, I will usually give them some sugar sprinkles in a paper bun or muffin case to dip the lollies in. In a moment of high spirits at lunchtime (trying to get a laugh out of Lily, no doubt!), Tom tipped his sprinkles all over the table. I proceeded to tell him off and told him that it wasn't funny. "Well, it is a bit funny", was his cheeky answer (I was very good and didn't even smile!). "No, Tom, it isn't funny to make a mess for Mummy" was my controlled reply. Clearly figuring that arguing his case wasn't going to work, Tom tried the distraction technique. He put his paper case on his head, looked straight at me with a smile and said "Am I the muffin man?".

He won. I laughed!


No comments: