Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2007

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

We got home late on Sunday night after spending a lovely week with my parents down in Devon. Mark was away in Europe all week on a business trip, so the Podlings and I went to stay with my mum and dad. It was so nice to go home again after such a long time away. I was also able to make a considerable dent on my Christmas shopping while I was down there as I had help with the Podlings. I'm just hoping my online orders will arrive in time!

We managed to put most things away the night we got back (a first...usually things lurk around for weeks after a trip!), but I am now running around like the proverbial headless chicken trying to get everything ready for Christmas. We haven't even decorated our Christmas tree yet, which is standing, forlorn and naked, in our lounge. Still, I'll get there! My stress is nothing in comparison to what my mother-in-law must be going through. She has 9 adults and 2 children to cater for on Christmas day and she still manages to remain cheerful. Would that I had her fortitude!

'Well traveled luggage II' by Richard Vergine

No comments: